Thursday, September 16, 2010

The woes of an English Major.

Sometimes I write. I swear I do.
Just not what I want.
This semester I am finishing my generals so that I can just focus on my writing the next few semesters.
And I am MISERABLE.
Health, math, and spanish are all well and good, but I am much happier writing stories.
I've started writing for the school newspaper to have a creative outlet,
but it's almost as bad as writing research papers.
I'm guessing this means no career in journalsim.....
Oh Well.
I'm switching gears and will be working on a literary journal in the upcoming weeks.
Hopefully it'll fill the hole in my writer's gut.
Till then I will deal with Old movies (I watched the Original Batman and Robin this week. "Holy Bikini Batman!!! Hilarious.),
Listening to Lady Gaga (Mollie got me hooked)
And rock climbing (My new sport :)).


4 comments:

The Brewburd said...

I took that picture. And you're welcome for the music dependence.

Mk said...

sometimes i regret not being an English major....ah regret- doesn't get you anywhere.
...i know how you feel about journalism. i write for our local papers and don't enjoy it much. but really writing is good. what's that anais nin quote?
'we write to experience life twice: once in the moment and in retrospection.'

look at me waxing philosophical...sort of.


i went through a rock climbing phase too when i lived in Utah. That stopped in Texas because well... Texas is flat.

all things considered i guess that means that we twins.

btw that was the longest comment in the history of the blogosphere. except for maybe that other one i made on an earlier post of yours.

Emily said...

I enjoy your long comments Mary. I'm happy we're basically the same person. :)

Jamie Claire said...

I agree you and Mk are long lost twinners---she had cosette the cat and you have max the dog. Yep two peas in a pod.