Monday, September 8, 2008

Sanitization Weekend

Some people may be confused about the sanitization comments so I thought I would clarify. This last weekend I took a 15 hour class to get my Illinos sanitation manager certification (It's required for my major). Basically I learned all of the "no no's" that can be done with stuff involved in cooking. And there are a lot. Did you know that if you cook something with tin foil, it could release fumes and chemicals that will get absorbed into your food? I didn't. I also learned about the dangers of cross-contamination, e-coli, salmonella, and a whole lot more about bacteria.... I could go on forever. Anyways, we took a big test and will find out our results in about a month. If I passed then I'll get a certificate and could make a pretty decent living being a sanitation manager at a restaraunt, but I think I'll pass. There wasn't really anything to take pictures of but here.

The amount of time you should spend washing your hands is about 20 seconds (That's singing the birthday song two times in a row).

No comments: