Saturday, May 7, 2011

First comes love, then comes Marriage...



We're Engaged!!!

Oh goodness I don't even know where to begin. I am so deliciously happy.
I guess I can start where we met. It is actually kind of a funny story...
I had been living in Utah for about a month and a half already. Enjoying the mountains, taking summer classes, making lots of new comrades and trying a lot of things I had never done before. Things like outdoor rock climbing, country dancing, learning to drive stick shift and playing soccer. Now I had played soccer before mind you, but when I was six. I was on the Blue Dragons team and I absolutely hated it. My little sister Eliza is a whiz at soccer so I've been around it my whole life, just never had much of an interest in playing. This was until the world cup started and soccer became the cool thing to do...
Suddenly I was playing in the parks with groups of friends, buying shin-guards, and requesting help with shooting techniques.
One day my friend Matt invited me and my roommate Noelia to come play with him and some of his friends at a park, and that's where it all went down. Clay was Matt's cousin who had recently returned to Utah from selling pest control in Oregon. Apparently he was intrigued at first sight, but I didn't take much notice of him. It wasn't until I accidently kicked him when I was trying to steal the ball that I first noticed him. During the rest of the game he would run up to me and complain about how his leg hurt. I would apologize profusely again and again but I knew that there was no way I caused any real damage. After the game he somehow got invited over to my apartment and everyday since then he would come up with excuses to come over. Once I even got dropped off by another date and when I opened my apartment door, there was Clay sitting on my couch waiting for me.
Since that day we have spent maybe a total of 15 days apart.
Which is rather amazing considering how quickly I used to discard guys I used to date, but Clay is most definitely different.
I have never had a guy pursue me so fervently and still not get jealous or even upset when I claimed that I still needed to continue dating other guys to be sure that I wanted to be exclusive with him. Clay was so patient and hardly ever complained. He waited six months for me to finally consent to be is girlfriend.
Since then life has been pure bliss.
Sure we've had our ups and downs as every couple does, but now I can't picture my life without him. He has made me the happiest girl in the world. He never ceases to surprise me and always makes me laugh. He is the hardest working man I know and is extremely loyal to his family. He may act like a five year old half of the time, but it's one of the things I love about him. I am so excited to see where our life together will lead.

So everybody get ready for September 3rd (our wedding date).

It's going to be a day to remember :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! emily i am so excited for you! such a cute story. and a cute boy :) you will love married life. double date sometime?

Unknown said...

AHHHH congratulations!! Being engaged is so fun!! I want to see the ring!

Jamie Claire said...

Happy happy day for you and clay! You are going to be the most beautiful bride evaaaaaa! love you!

Julie Anderson said...

Wonderful news to you! Excited for the big day. Much love from us.

Unknown said...

Nice post emma---Love you!